There is an enrolment period every term (Spring and Autumn). All compulsory degree programme subjects are offered in both terms. This way students are able to schedule the subjects for which they enrol as best fits their examination attainment.
Before enrolling, students should note that the following constraints apply to the subjects that they can opt to enrol for:
- 2009 degree programme subjects are not subject to any pre- or corequisites. Students are, however, advised to follow the recommendations set out in the Subject Learning Guide concerning the subjects listed as previous knowledge required to be able to understand the instruction.
- Students are obliged to enrol for all the subjects from earlier years that they have not yet passed that are officially scheduled for the semester in question (for example, 3rd-year students will have to enrol for all 1st- and 3rd-semester subjects that they have not passed, but are not obliged to enrol for 2nd- and 4th-semester subjects). This constraint does not apply for students transferring from the 1996 to the 2009 degree programme in 2009/2010.
- Students intending to take their degree course on a part-time basis are allowed to enrol for at least 18 credits per term.
- New students are obliged to enrol for 30 credits in their first year (in each enrolment period), unless they intend to take their degree course on a part-time basis as specified above.
Students that have completed at least two terms of the degree programme shall have their individual attainment index (AI) calculated. The AI shall be used to determine the maximum number of subjects for which students shall be entitled to enrol per term.
The AI is calculated by dividing the number of credits earned by students in the last two terms by the total number of credits for which students enrolled in those two terms.
- If AI<0.5 students will be obliged to consult their academic tutor prior to enrolment. Their academic tutor will give advice on the subjects for which they should enrol. Students shall only be allowed to enrol for from 18 to 24 credits and will require the approval of the tutor of the chosen subjects to enrol.
- If 0.5 <= AI < 0.8 students shall be entitled to enrol for a maximum of 30 credits.
- If AI >= 0.8 students shall be entitled to enrol for up to 36 credits.
Before enrolling for their fifth term, students shall be obliged to meet with their academic tutor. Their academic tutor will give advice on which optional subjects they should enrol for in view of their career or training preferences. Students shall be obliged to submit the tutor's report upon enrolment.
In any case, we advise students to consult their academic tutor before enrolment for each term.
Spring term enrolment for subjects failed in the Autumn term
Students enrolling in the Spring term for a subject that they failed in the Autumn term shall be charged 25% less than the enrolment fee applicable to the aforesaid subject. Students shall pay only 75% of the enrolment fee.